North West Florida Quarter Horse Association
NWFQHA is an organization of horsemen, horsewomen and families organized to promote interest in breeding and exhibiting the American Quarter Horse. NWFQHA is located in northwest Florida and many of our shows are held at the Escambia County Equestrian Center in Pensacola, Florida. Our shows are AQHA-sanctioned and points earned are recorded in the national records.
To record and preserve the pedigree of the Quarter Horse while maintaining the integrity of the breeds. To provide beneficial services for its members which enhance and encourage Quarter Horse ownership and participation. To generate growth of NWFQHA membership via the marketing, promotion, advertising and publicity of the Quarter Horse.
REMINDER: PLEASE MAIL IN YOUR 2020 MEMBERSHIPS ASAP!***
2020 NWFQHA Show Dates:
** Pre-Entry NOW available!
- March 28th -29th 2020 NWFQHA March Madness Show
Escambia County Equestrian Center, Pensacola, Florida (NSBA and MQHA Sanctioned/Approved)
- May 2nd-3rd 2020 Louisiana Quarter Horse Association (LQHA) Crawfish Classic
Florida Parishes Arena, Amite, Louisiana
- May 23rd-25th 2020 Alabama Quarter Horse Association (ALQHA) Summer Sizzler
Covington Arena, Andalusia, Alabama
- June 6th – 7th 2020 Mississippi Quarter Horse Association (MQHA) Summer Shows
Mississippi Fairgrounds, Jackson, Mississippi
- June 27th -28th 2020 NWFQHA June Jubilee Show- Escambia County Equestrian Center
Pensacola, Florida (ALQHA Sanctioned/Approved)
- September 26th -27th 2020 NWFQHA Surf, Sand, and Sun Show
Escambia County Equestrian Center, Pensacola, Florida (NSBA and LQHA Sanctioned/Approved)
Go to the Show Info Page for Showbill and Entry Forms!
- If an exhibitor is a member of NWFQHA and that person competes at one of the sanctioned shows above then the points from those shows will count toward the NWFQHA Year End Awards and Highpoints
To run for NWFQHA Year-end points/awards, an exhibitor must be a member and show at 2 Pensacola shows (8 Judges) per the Bi-lawsPLUS have a minimum of 10 points in the class to win a year end award.
Shavings are PRE-ORDER for $8 a bag. However, If you order upon arrival, $9.00 a bag
- Because of a Horse is a promotional campaign designed to raise awareness and funds for America's Horse Cares, the therapeutic riding program of the American Quarter Horse Foundation. Click on the image below to learn more about this truly inspirational program
Under Florida Statute, Section 773.02, except as provided in Section 773.03, an equine activity sponsor, an equine professional, or any other person, which shall include a corporation or partnership, shall not be liable for an injury to or death of a participant resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities and, except as provided in Section 773.03, no participant nor any participant's representative shall have any claim against or recover from any equine activity sponsor, equine professional, or any other person for injury, loss, damage, or death of the participant resulting from any of the inherent risks of equine activities.